The Texas Energy Council is a collection of industry organizations working together to provide scholarships and educational opportunities for students pursuing careers in energy. TEC has no professional staff and is completely run by volunteers so that proceeds raised by the annual conference benefit directly the students, scholarships and other relevant educational programs that TEC supports. Supporting TEC and the symposium directly benefits students. Raises in sponsorship levels and symposium costs enable TEC to keep up with the rising costs of education and needs of students.
2018 Texas Energy Council Symposium
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Hughes-Trigg Student Center | Southern Methodist University | Dallas, Texas
The 30th Annual Texas Energy Council Symposium will address the pressing issues for the oil and gas sector while helping groom the next generation of leaders in the Oil Patch through raising scholarship funds. We are assembling an impressive list of speakers and panels that will make this a must attend event.
Below is a preliminary sampling of presenters for this year’s Symposium:
- Dr. Christine Ehlig-Economides—Professor University of Houston
- Art Berman—Director Labyrinth Consulting Services
- Robert Clarke—Wood Mackenzie Research Director, US Lower 48 Upstream
- Dr. Scott W. Tinker—State Geologist of Texas Director, Bureau of Economic Geology
- Rob Gardner—Exxon Mobil
- Long-term partners of the Symposium, the Canadian Consulate General and the Mexican Consulate General will also be contributing speakers
Questions about the Symposium?
Direct your inquiries to Giuliana Vural at email@example.com
2018 Student Scholarship Information
2018 Scholarship applications are now available!! See the links below, or the scholarship tab above for more information. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 20th, 2018.
TEC Application 2018 TEC Scholarship Instructions 2018 Scholarship Flyer 2018