In support of Texas Energy Council’s mission to educate those within the industry, students aspiring to enter the industry, and the general public, in 2012 TEC gave the Dallas Public Library a gift of $2,500, to be used for oil and gas publications in the Library’s Nancy and Jake L. Hamon Oil and Gas Resource Center. Located on the 5th Floor of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library in downtown Dallas, the Hamon Oil and Gas Resource Center provides free access to a broad spectrum of valuable information resources, including:
- leading industry journals such as Oil and Gas Journal and Natural Gas Week
- nontechnical introductions to the oil and gas industry and mineral leasing topics
- treatises/handbooks on petroleum engineering and petroleum geology topics
- directories of oil and gas companies
- technical papers from Society of Petroleum Engineering (SPE) conferences
- sources of historical petroleum prices
- resources covering topics such as energy investments, finance and accounting, industry history, etc.
Visitors to the Hamon Oil and Gas Resource Center also enjoy ready access to databases accessible in the library’s Business and Technology Division such as ReferenceUSA, Standard and Poor’s NetAdvantage, and Morningstar. Library staff are available to assist customers in using available resources, or in trying to locate a specific fact or figure.